Sunday, April 13, 2008

Introduction

    During my practice, I have had occasion to use the provisions of 42 USC Section 1983. I believe this statute could be improved by enacting the following proposed statute. I have also included a description of the purpose and meaning of each of its sections in order to give the reader a better idea of its purpose. I have no particular desire to see the exact language of what I propose here enacted, and since I am by no means experienced in crafting statutory provisions, others could probably come up with better language. What I care about is seeing a statute enacted that accomplishes the goals and objectives of what I propose here. As time goes by, I may come up with better language than that proposed here, or add language to take account of things I did not consider here. If you are unfamiliar with 42 USC Section 1983, I recommend that you read my law blog entry on the subject first.

No comments: